Thursday, September 16, 2010

Degenerate Gambler- NFL Week 2 Picks

Courtesy of nflgridirongab.com

NFL WEEK 2
LOCKS

From what I am seeing in the lines, there is only 1 game I feel comfortable calling a Lock.

Philadelphia -6 @ DETROIT- A Michael Vick lead Philadelphia team gave an elite team in the Green Bay Packers a run for the money, and while I feel like Detroit is on the come up, I do not see a Shaun Hill Quarterbacked team pulling off any significant victories.

GAMBLERS PICKS

ATLANTA -6.5 vs Arizona- Arizona barely escaped with a victory against St. Louis in week 1. In that game, they fumbled the ball 6 times, losing 4 of them. That was against the SAINT LOUIS RAMS. Oh just to remind everyone the Rams won 1 game last year. Personally I feel Derek Anderson is not the answer, maybe it’s Max Hall time

MINNESOTA -5.5 vs Miami- Minnesota looked uncomfortable in their first game vs. NO. Brett Favre looked rusty and in my opinion weary of the same kind of hit from the NO Defense that caused him to require offseason ankle surgery. This week I assume that we will see a steady dose of #28 in purple (You Peterson fantasy owners will love that).

CINCINNATI +2 vs. Baltimore- Call me crazy, but the Bengals are in a MUST WIN game. I know it’s only week 2, but since 1990, only 19 teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-2. Cincy played terrible against New England, but have a lot of veterans that will have this team ready. I think Baltimore might have a letdown after an emotionally charged extremely physical game against the Jets. Oh and Bal is on a shorter week.

Chiefs +1 @ CLEVELAND- Im not jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon just yet, but this team is FAST. The Chiefs implemented an Al Davis draft model by drafting players who can fly, only difference is they took players with talent. The factor that has me all over KC in this game is Jake Delhomme was in a walking cast on Wednesday. Will Colt McCoy be forced to win a game??

GAMES TO AVOID

DALLAS -7.5 vs. Chicago- I don’t know what to say about this game. Dallas was my preseason Super Bowl pick, but I’m pretty sure that Offensive Coordinator Jason Garrett has no idea the regular season has started. I think this game comes down to Marion Barber/Felix Jones. If they can establish a running game they may blow Chicago out, if not you may see the same thing you saw in week 1 with Dallas.

DENVER -3.5 vs. Seattle- Seattle laid the smack down of SF, but are they honestly that good?? They’ll be tested in their road opener against a pretty even team. Denver might be the worst team in the AFC West, but what will the addition of Laurence Maroney do for them??

WASHINGTON +3 vs. Houston- Are both teams as good as they played in week 1??

NEW YORK JETS +3 vs. New England- Both teams are coming off opposite games. NE couldn’t be stopped, and the Jets looked like a High School team on offense. Key factor here will be if NE can run the ball. If NE can’t run, I see the Jets sneaking out a 17-13 W.

INDIANAPOLIS -5 vs. New York Giants- The Manning Bowl is always fun, but for once, top to bottom, Eli may have the better team. The question here is, although the Giants may be better, does it come down to the better Manning?

WILD CARD

SF +6 vs. NO -Since 1970, over 67% of MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL HOME UNDERDOGS have covered, and SF is retiring the best player in the history of the team, Jerry Rice’s Number.

2 comments:

  1. Nice picks! No GB -13.5? That is my LOCK of the week. In week 8, that's a 16 point spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Green Bay will cover but 2 touchdown spread is ify... And Brandon Jackson has never rushed for more than 313 yards in college or the pros

    ReplyDelete