Friday, September 24, 2010

Degenerate Gambler- NFL Week 3 Picks



Here we go folks. Now I’m apologizing for not having things completely sorted out last week, and not providing you with the most advice I could give you. If I was on top of my game I would have told you to play the parlay that I did last week: Chiefs +120, Bengals +160, 49ers +5.5. Because of my blunder, I will now add the parlay of the week.

“LOCKS”- it’s a professional sport, no game is a lock, but this is as close as it gets.

Redskins -3.5 @ Rams: So Saint Louis has pushed and covered in the first 2 weeks, but that was at home vs. AZ and on the road vs. a weak Raiders team. The Redskins are a playoff caliber team. I know the game is in STL, but a rookie QB vs. a ball hawking defense and very talented defensive front, I really don’t see how the Rams hang with in a TD.

Packers -3 @ Bears: I am advocate of the “MNF Home Underdog” theory as you can tell from my Week 2 pick of SF +5.5, but this week, I am going against the theory. GB may be the most complete football team in the NFL, and I think this magic carpet the Bears are on ends week 3.

GAMBLER’S PICKS

Cowboys +3 @ Houston: Bold prediction of the week, but just like the Chiefs and Bengals last week, I have a very good feeling with this game. The Cowboys have beat the Cowboys the first two weeks, and after 2 extremely emotional games, the Texans are in for another test. Another factor, could be the Boys fans, they travel well everywhere, let alone Texas.

49ers -2.5 @ Chiefs: Nothing more to say than SF will not start 0-3! Trust me on this one
Patriots -14.5 vs. Bills: Patriots got beat by the Jets in every facet of the game, and they knew it after the game. Nothing is scarier than an angry Justin Bieber I mean Tom Brady and Billcheck. The Bills are the worst team in the NFL, the end.

Ravens -10.5 vs. Brown: I really dislike double-digit lines, because whether or not the teams record reflects it, every person that plays in this game is an NFL football player. The Ravens offense really hasn’t looked too hot in the first 2 weeks. Your going to sit here and say what about against the Jets? I learned early in my own playing days, it doesn’t matter what you do inside the 20’s, points are what wins you games. I have a sneaky suspicion that the Ravens offense (RAY RICE BETTER GET ME FANTASY POINTS) shows up this week and dominates an undermanned Browns D. Raven 27 Browns 13

Eagles -3 @ Jaguars:
MICHAEL VICK!!! The Eagles O-Line sucks and Vick can run, opening up playmaking for a playmaking offense. Clay Matthews has 6 sacks for GB and couldn’t catch Vick, and I don’t see anyone on Jax catching up to Mr. Highlight Michael Vick.

GAMES TO AVOID

Chargers -5.5 @ Seattle: Realistically, the Chargers are a 5.5 point better team than Seattle, but playing AT Seattle is no easy feat, just ask the 49ers. The Chargers flopped harder than anyone week 1 losing @ KC, and this game will be in a similar environment. I’m saying avoid this game because I feel the biggest factor is the environment, and you never know what that will include.

Steelers -2.5 @ Buccaneers: Charlie Batch starting for the Steelers, but the vaunted Pittsburgh defense is back through the first two weeks. The Buccaneers are one of the surprise teams through the first 2 games, and do have the home field this week. I took the Bucs to win, but this game scares me

Giants -3 vs. Titans: I thought the Giants were better, and I don’t know what to think of the Titans QB situation. I just don’t like this game, can’t really elaborate much more! ha

REST OF WEEK 3 LINES

Vikings -11 vs. Lions
Giants -3 vs. Titans
Bengals -3 @ Panthers
Colts -5.5 @ Broncos
Cardinals -4.5 vs. Raiders
Dolphins -2 vs. Jets
Saints -4 vs. Falcons

PARLAY OF THE WEEK

REDSKINS -3.5, PACKERS -3, COWBOYS

2 comments:

  1. 6-10 including two "lock" losses, good thing I didn't take the "degenerates" advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. “LOCKS”- it’s a professional sport, no game is a lock, but this is as close as it gets.

    Pick Em' was still 9-6 (on the plus side)

    The section labeled REST OF WEEK 3 LINES is exactly what it says, the rest of the games, not my pick.

    ReplyDelete